ARTIST: BLU & EXILE
RELEASE: BELOW THE HEAVENS
STREET DATE: AUGUST 14, 2007
FORMATS: 2XLP / CD
Blu is the leader of West Coast Hip Hop. Since the days of Pharcyde, Freestyle Fellowship, and Jurassic 5, there have been few wordsmiths that have grasped the attention of listeners worldwide. Introduced to NWA and Public Enemy by his father, Blu later was captivated by the likes of Black Star, The Roots, and Common, creating a unique balance that is displayed in Blu's personality and music.
Blu's first full length LP, "Below the Heavens" pairs Blu with producer Exile on the Sound in Color imprint. His first single, "Narrow Path" has rocked stages across the world, as fans begin to feel the impact of Blu's music. His delivery flows flawlessly, while the content reflects the joy and pain of working class youth everywhere. Since the release of "Narrow Path," Blu has performed alongside Slum Village, X-Clan, Platinum Pied Pipers, Lyrics Born, DJ Houseshoes, and many others, while participating in 3 high-profile nationwide tours alongside musical family members: Ta'Raach, Aloe Blacc, and Exile.
The buzz has fans salivating for new music. Worldwide, people are looking to put hope into the 'next' emcee that will give them the same feeling when they first heard Black Thought, Common, or Slum Village. Blu fulfills this need, but maintains something that is entirely new, while not recycled.
• Produced by DJ Exile, one of today’s rising stars in hip-hop
(Mobb Deep, Jurassic 5, Snoop Dog, MED, Kardinal Offishall and more)
• Has completed three nationwide tours in the last 12 months
• Appears on the forthcoming Jazzanova album as a featured MC
• Currently on tour with Lifesavas and Strange Fruit Project throughout May / June 2007
• National Ad campaign for L-R-G featuring Blu
• Album being serviced to radio by SPECTRE
• Online features to include: MySpace.com, AOL Music/Radio, MTV.com, Yahoo Music/Radio, VH1.com, MSN.com, BET.com
• Street teams being coordinated in all Key Sales Markets
• POP materials include: Posters, Buttons, and Flyers
- BLU & EXILE ONE SHEET - PDF FORMAT
- LABEL BIO MS WORD FORMAT
- LABEL BIO RTF FORMAT
300 DPI - CMYK
- JPG FORMAT
- EPS FORMAT
- XL JPG FORMAT (800x800)
- LARGE JPG FORMAT (600x600)
- MEDIUM JPG FORMAT (400x400)
- SMALL JPG FORMAT (125x125)
- SMALL GIF FORMAT (125x125)
- XSMALL GIF FORMAT (60x60)
SIC LABEL LOGO
- 300 DPI - CMYK (EPS)
- 72 DPI - Web ready
Blu & EXILE PRESS PHOTOS
01. My World Is...
02. The Narrow Path
03. Simply Amazin’ (steel blazin’)
04. Juice n’ Dranks
05. In Remembrance
06. Blu Collar Worker
07. Dancing In The Rain
08. First Things First
09. Greater Love
10. Good Life
11. Soul Rising
12. Cold Hearted
13. Below The Heavens pt. I
14. Below The Heavens pt. II
15. I Am...
PRESS / QUOTES
Like the first time you heard Tip or De La, Blu's a one of a kind no question about it. He's taking hip hop to a new level with clear influences from the golden age and Dilla, but more than anything, himself. Priceless.
- Mark De Clive Lowe
Blu is one of my favorite emcee's hands down, he's the voice of LA.
- Flying Lotus
"Blu is THAT one cat to be really looking out for, already making a name on the internet and overseas without an album out......LA has a list of new generation of MCs that are bringing heat: Trek LIfe, Bishop Lamont, Glasses Malone, Roc C, and now you can add Blu to it. And with Exile on the beats?! Oooh man, forget about it....you got a deadly combination....don't sleep peoples!!!" -Rhettmatic (Beat Junkies / Visionaries)
- "Exile f/ Blu - Narrow Path. This, combined with the other Exile/Blu joint you heard on this site (check the archives son!) is what made me realize that Sound in Color was running with some f#cking heat. Turns out Blu is singing the hook... Dope beat, hot track."
- The Mixtape Show (most popular rap n hip hop podcast on the net)
- "“Featuring vocals from Blu, Jontel and Andrea Clarke, "Move" is an uptempo dance floor smash-in-the-making that needs to be in your crate. ’”
- Goya Music (Daz-I-Kue / Blak Label Blend 12” review)
- “The album closes with another quality track in "So Amazing(3)" featuring emcee Blu. Instrumentals on the flip. Keep an eye on this kid.”
- Turntable Lab
- "Check Blu Soul's flow has the confident swagger to take this track into some kind of mid-90's state of bliss without sounding redundant. "
- Underground Hip Hop dot Com